Friday 1 July 2011

Who are you other than your mental illness?

People always ask me this question, and the truth is although you don't see it, I'm actually alot of things.
I'm a daughter trying to show you my rights instead of my wrongs. I'm an auntie trying to be a good role model teaching my niece and nephews the goods and bads, rights and wrongs of life. I'm a sister willing to help you when you need me, have fun with you when you need it. I'm a friend trying to be their for you all in every possible way I can. I'm a cousin refusing to let you see me fall. I'm a niece trying to brighten up your day, even if I can't brighten up my own. I'm a granddaughter thanking you for everything you have done even though its killing me deep down knowing that you won't be with us for much longer. 
You see, even with my daily struggles with ED, Self-Harm, Anxiety and BPD I still refuse to let these people in my life see me drop. They think I'm a winner, they think I won this battle along time ago and I only attend CAMHS to keep me back up and not go down hill again. But the truth is: I'm still struggeling, I'm still catching myself when I fall. But what does it matter? I know that in the end, I'm okay. No matter how bad I feel at the time, everything is always okay. So why go out of your way when you know the outcome is going to be fine in the end anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment